Effective as of August 2017,
The Information We Collect
- Personal Information
Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on the Platform to your profile page to share with others within your network or opt out of information you do not wish to share.
You may, instead of logging in through Facebook Connect or Twitter Connect, create login credentials using your name and email address. In addition, if a User/Registered User purchases a service via the Services, he or she will be required to provide a shipping address and phone number.
All information collected pursuant to this section is collectively referred to as “Personal Information.” We do not collect or access any Personal Information from you when you use the Services unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily or authorize us to access it.
- Billing Information
In order for Users/Registered Users to purchase products and services, they may be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, billing address, PayPal account information, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information”).
- Geolocational Information
Certain features and functionalities of the Services are based on a User/Registered User’s location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while a User/Registered User is using a mobile device, we may, with the User/Registered User’s consent, automatically collect geolocational information from that User/Registered User’s mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the Services are running on a User/Registered User’s mobile device. Users/Registered Users may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case we will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to that Registered User.
- Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information and Billing Information that you voluntarily provide to us and the Geolocational Information that we automatically collect, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
1. From You:
Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as hobbies, personal interests, household income range, number of children, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
2. From Your Activity:
Information that we automatically collect when you use the Services, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, sections of the Website visited, etc.;
- Information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), Platform type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G); and
- Activity and usage information occurring via the Services, including purchase information, tagging data, favorites, survey responses, preferences, session lengths; and similar data.
3. From Cookies:
Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Platform. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Platform may not function properly.
4. From Other Sources:
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information to provide and improve the Platform and the Services, process transactions, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, and administer our rewards, contests, sweepstakes, competitions, and promotional programs. Also, we may share Personal Information, Billing Information, Geolocational Information, and/or Other Information as described below.
- In order to provide the Services and administer our rewards, contests, sweepstakes, competitions, and promotional programs, we may share your Personal Information, Geolocational Information, and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Platform and Services, we might analyze the Other Information and the Geolocational Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services and/or Platform. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products, Platform, and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We use standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
- We may share some or all of your Personal Information, Billing Information, Geolocational Information, and Other Information with any of our independent contractors, parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Personal Information, Billing Information, Geolocational Information, and Other Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information, Billing Information, Geolocational Information, and Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of StyleSesh or others
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
StyleSesh uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Website and Applications. Although StyleSesh and its licensors own the code, databases, and all rights to the Website and Applications, and any feedback you provide, you retain all rights to your data.
Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
How to Contact Us